SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TODAY, I AM NO LONGER A CRIMINAL !!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think gay people should be able to be married?
yes
75%
 75%  [ 30 ]
no
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
domestic partners only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 40

PlanetRick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: TODAY, I AM NO LONGER A CRIMINAL !!! Reply with quote

TODAY, I AM NO LONGER A CRIMINAL !!!

I have been living in apprehension, due to the fact I have been in a same sex monogamous relationship with my partner for six years. We are very happy and still very much in love to this day. Living in Texas, we have had a fear that if someone doesn’t like us they can call the police and have us arrested because we live together, but that all changed today. Thanks to the US Supreme Court decision of Lawrence and Garner v. Texas we can now go about living our lives together no longer in fear of government intrusion.

Say what you will about homosexuality not being moral, but I pose to you this question? What is more immoral? Not encouraging or allowing two people who truly love each other to live together in a monogamous relationship so that they go out and sleep around and spread disease or allowing the two people to live together and form a family unit? Those who use the moral argument create the opposite effect that they intend. :D

This is a big victory for everyone gay, straight, or bi. It means the government does not have a say what you choose to do in privacy of your home. Join me in celebrating !!!

Happy in Texas !!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kelly
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I celebrate with you Rick! I am not gay but could give a rat's ass about other people's personal lives and relationships. Love is love and I am happy you are in a long term relationship...gay or straight it is unusual to find love.
cfsmtb
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D same view here, love is love, :P no matter what stupid, badly informed crap the opposition comes out with in the US. Was listening with quite some interest to this news item here in Melbourne on ABC radio.
mark-sparks
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Rick. Gay, straight, curved, upside-down...it really doesn't matter. Love is love. Cheers to you and your partner!

Then there is poor Russell--he had to marry himself! But he is very happy now too.
cactusboy
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gay people married.. sure.. but lets talk sparks
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Cactusboy..the fact that a Sparks' fan can live an integral part of his life without fear is a celebration..and that he wants to share that celebration with other Sparks' fans is good enough reason for putting his joy on the forums and is OK by me...I lived for many years as the only Sparks' fan in existence(as I thought)..The internet has brought so many people of diverse backgrounds together....I have met so many great friends through this medium.Sexuality is no barrier,but a great many of us live in "liberal"states..where something like this is no great shakes ...we forget that there are still places where a person can still be jailed for a "CRIME" which is only a form of love...yet,could receive a lesser sentence for Actual Bodily Harm after an act of violence.
Rick still has the inbred prejudices of his community to overcome...just because his relationship has been "legalised"does not mean he still hasn't countless obstacles to overcome in his local society.....so share his happiness,he has been brave enough to open his heart to us.Yes lets talk Sparks...but let us also share in our friends' freedom.
JoAnn
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratualtions Rick! Let Freedom ring!!
simpledumpilot
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedom is the most important thing we can possibly hope for, sadly even us voters dont seem to have it, and as someone who continues to stand against their government (one I didnt vote for I might add) and their half arsed ideals which are usually a compromise so they can still try to win each individual voter, I say congratulations to you Rick! I wish you all the best in your relationship! At last it seems a definite decision has been made, another nail in the coffin for the Mary Whitehouses of this world!

Live your life, its yours, no one elses!
MARK II
Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thou shalt not lie with man-kind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself there-with: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you: And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants. Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgements, and shall not commit ANY of these abominations; NEITHER any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you. For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit THEM shall be cut off from among their people. Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that YE commit not ANY ONE of these abominable customs, which were commited before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I AM the Lord your God."

Oh, and one more eensy weensy little tidbit for some of u preschoolers out there.........in the very last 4 paragraphs of Gods book for YOU......it's easy to find, it's at the END of the Bible...thats right, I said BIBLE....and it's so easy to understand that even a homosexual can understand it----------->>> "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and FROM the things which are written in this book."

P.S.- A question just came to mind, and it's such a difficult question, that I must be a F'g GENIOUS to even ask it...................you LOVE your parents and your brothers and sisters TOO don't you, so......do you go fu%^$*g them up the a$$ ALSO!?????????????????????

And u know whut......I don't think this is the place to post a poll like this.........because after all, if I see a poll with a question, and I feel like answering it, I'm going to answer it.........bummer huh?

Cheers,
Mark :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kelly
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we a little...angry Mark? Maybe a little...less accepting of God's children? Your "religion" can dictate hate and anger, but that is not my God. "Your" God is not an entity I need as there is enough hate out there. Anyone for a poll on who is homophobic?
MARK II
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myyyyyyy, now now there Kelly, no need for rudeness is there?....or pathetic grasping?........lol

Get well soon,
Mark :D
Kelly
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I can be sensitive because in the same way that I don't believe that homosexuality is a choice-- I also don't believe that you are aware that you are an asshole. There is always a need for rudeness when one deals with rude people. I will keep you in my prayers.
Kelly
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry this post is a little delayed and should probably preceeed Kelly's.

Mark is entitled to his views and as an individual those views will not meet with universal approval.
Everything he states will be strongly agreed/disagreed with.
The only quibble(yes it IS a word) I have with him is quoting the Bible.
Anything in the Script can be quoted to suit any situation ..that is why it has been written down(I refuse to get into the dispute that it was all written 100 years after Christ's resurrection)....these are rules which have served most o fthe world for nigh on 2,000 years.To quote the bible and claim that one part of it is aimed at any kind of "sin"...is fair enough......but it should only be done by some-one who adheres to EVERY other tenet laid down.....(I'm more than positive there is something in the Christ's teachings about casting the first stone!)
As to the quotation that "even pre-schoolers and homosexuals SHOULD understand"........how about explaining it to this heterosexual nearing his dotage.....I'm not sure if my interpretation of what you meant is correct(I certainly hope not!)

The whole point of the original post was just a Sparks' fan wanting to share a moment of joy with the rest of us..is that REALLY a sin??

PS..Haven't spoken for a while Kelly...but just to let you know ,I've interested another American in the works of Thomas Hood
sparkette
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Congrats Reply with quote

:D
Congrats Rick!! I believe that Jesus stated that one should LOVE thy neighbor as thy self and all the rest of the commandments would be fulfilled - something like that. Your personal sexual preference should be free and the issues God deals with, I believe, are issues of the HEART. Your heart appears to be in the right place. Sooo, turn up your Sparks tunes and dance in celebration! Since HE is the only true judge, let's let HIM decide about your heart. In the meantime, play Sparks.

From deep in the heart of the Bible Belt (GA),
sparkette
MARK II
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myyyy agaaain!, swearing now Kelly??..........ok

I'm not an "asshole" Kelly, just because you hate some of the laws of YOUR God.

Haven't I already mentioned about your pathetic "grasping" Kelly??....why do you PERSIST in arguing about what you only THINK you know about what God wants?.........and you know you know nothing, except what u hear "people" say, and what YOU WANT to think personally............and u know that u don't even know HOW God talks to people either. You don't give a crap at all about what the Bible means....or you'd be sincerely wanting to learn.

And yes Kelly, your right, you do believe I'm an "asshole" for the SAME reason that you don't believe homosexuality is a choice.................and that reason is ...barbarian troublemaking(hence your foul mouth) stupidity(hence the past umpteen thousand years of Earths history 8) ).

Homosexuality IS a choice....just like what some cooks, thieves, dancers, hit men, and large corporations like to DO.......they LOVE it. Just like it's a choice for people NOT to go fukking their beloved family members up the a$$.......like your so fond of some people doing...Kelly 8) (hence your anger towards me....but especially towards God). You pervert.

Isn't it strange, how there's aaaaalways some ignorant troublemaker out there who LOVE's to argue, start name calling and get nasty about something that they KNOW they know NOTHING about?...YET they just won't shut up about it?....lol! ("it", meaning the subject that they know nothing about....meaning God). Now THAT, I think, is a true asshole....(but nawww, there ain't many good people around that would agree with me on that is there? LMAO)........but whatever, fine with me, go ahead.

Two homosexuals (or more) in the act of having sex, is NOT love. It is false.......example: just like the false healings that many people get from these TV evangelists........yes, they DO get "healed", but, most of the time it only lasts a few months then they get sick again, and die. The devil can "heal" too, as well as give false good feelings. But people with a reprobate mind will not be able to undersand that, or much else about God.....Kelly.

Just like most people don't believe that..."geeee, if there really is an almighty God out there, WOULDN'T he make his laws freely available to anyone that has the heart to seek it???"..........nawwwww, of cooourse not, right Kelly? ...lol

Wooow, it's such a biiiig mystery isn't it why the world is like it is today??...and why it's been the way it has for thousands of years??..........yaaa geeee, it's just sooo hard to understand whyyy, isn't it, Kelly?
................. Because of people that like to constantly $HIT all over his laws and doctrines.
Oh ya, and what's that now?..."free will" u say???...okie dokie then..............and therefore God will do what he feels like doing as well. Bummer huh?

Does this sound a weensie bit familiar to u Kelly?---> " Blah blah blah, that's just mans own words!, there's no bible!, blah blah blah.......I don't understand most scriptures b-b-b-but I stiiiill KNOW it's not truuue!, it's gaaarbage! God doesnt do this, God doesn't do thaaat!...yadda yadda yadda! " ---- lol how the F would someone like YOU know what God does and doesn't do??....LOL......good excuses for disobeying him arent they, kelly?

And before I go any further, I would like to say that I have been blessed with much knowledge of the Lord's scriptures(regardless of any other bad qualities of mine.....too bad fer u huh there Kelly?).....and that I am wasting my time in saying all this to you, because the right thing IS...if you talk about God to people and they shun hearing it, and they argue.....then say no more to them. But seeing as this is a site that I care about (as well as my fellow Sparks fans) then I have decided I do want to "waste" my time( to bad again huh Kelly?)........and no...no one is a hippocryte, unless they DO that which is specific to what they are preaching against (<-take note to that Alex .........and like "casting the first stone, etc..." is supposed to be an excuse for anyone to keep mum about telling a sinning friend or neighbor about their wrong doings??, is that so??....WRONG...........but yeah, the Devil likes it to be that way DOESN'T he??.....and it seems, so do YOU for some reason. 2Timothy chapter 4:2---> "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine" Christ was the ONLY one to ever be perfect. We are ALL sinners, and some sins are a tiney weensie bit worse than others.......u need a lesson yourself Alex).

God gave man free will.........and that means to do good, or evil.......but if you do evil, look out! If you do something wrong, the Lord will always give you a certain amount of time of his own choosing for u to repent. If you don't, then....you WILL be judged, in this life, OR the next. He could give u a few months, he could give u several years. And judgement can be anything the Lord FEELS like........a slap on the wrist, a disease, a bad day, an accident or just a decision of some kind. And if u won't allow yourself to belive that God DOES inflict pain upon people, and does it often.....then your life will continue to get harder, and I feel sorry for you Kelly.

Well well...you'd think fear of pain and suffering would shape people up in this world....especially the governments....buuut nope! But I'll tell you this.......if every sinner in this world stopped doing bad things ONLY for fear of God, and NOT because it was wrong, then...HOW could they be tested??(<---maybe that's a secret, so shhhh don't tell anyone) (...and any one who can figure this out has more hope of God's blessing than those who can't........does anyone remember the scripture "God gave them over to a reprobate mind..." ?...in Romans 1-28...THINK!)............I will post the scripture later under a new subject called "Holy Bible". And YEEESSSS there KELLY, if a homosexual can have HIS words posted in a general discussion section.............then SO can God 8). Bummer again, huh?

God can of course heal anyone from anything also. NEVER listen to a doctor, they're ignorant carnaly minded asses when they go saying that "nothing" can be done....that's garbage! Whether it's cancer of the brain, leukemia, or AIDS...........if u buckle down to prayer, God can and WILL sometimes heal you..........but if you don't want to make the effort...ok..whatever u want.....then die.

Kelly, there is only ONE all inclusive Bible out there that the Lord has made freely available to Men (regardless of you being ignorant about it or not, woman). It's the King James....and NOT any revised OR modern english version. There is not ONE word out of place in the Bible, whether you'd LIKE to think so, or not. I guess you wouldn't ALLOW God to directly inspire about 60 men to write it out for you, under a blessed King (James) INSTEAD of coming down and writing it himself physically, would you Kelly?.....awww, poor you....lol

God is a spirit..........and anything else he FEELS like being, Kelly. Spiritual life is more "real" that carnal (physical) life. whether u like it or not. And by the way, in case you're ALSO too ignorant to under stand it......God's ways and judgements ARE his love...and that includes pain. And PEOPLE cause pain for themselves.

"All You Need Is Love"

the asshole,
Mark

P.S.- Regarding your "prayers".....
Deut. 1 "43": So I spake unto you; and ye would not hear, but rebelled against the commandment of the LORD, and went presumptuously up into the hill.

"44": And the Amorites, which dwelt in that mountain, came out against you, and chased you, as bees do, and destroyed you in Seir, even unto Hormah.

"45": And ye returned and wept before the LORD; but the LORD would not hearken to your voice, nor give ear unto you.
MARK II
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."

John chapter 8
MARK II
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennis anyone?
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: sad ,so sad Reply with quote

well im reading this with disbelief..no pun intended, you may think your coming over as a christian...but you talk with the tongue of the devil,,for someone so godly, well im glad im educated in life to know that gay people. (the majority ive met),are really good and nice...yes nice people.
but food for thoght......most anti gay people usually are usually GAY, and lash out with this attack because its stops everyone questioning their own sexuality! perhaps you have a secret....? if i was you i,d get a life, and enjoy it!
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put Bryan...It does seem that its a case of "methinks the lady doth protest o'ermuch!"...to quote another Good book..and remember sin like beauty is in the eye of the beholder,and Marky seems very conversant with homosexual practices....where does he get his first-hand knowledge?
Hoban

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: This is brilliant! Reply with quote

It's like an online episode of Silence of the Lambs - Mark is Hannibal Lector and Kelly is Clarice!!

I'll bet you especially like to eat men, eh Mark?!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: