SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a thought

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Douglas McIntyre
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Just a thought Reply with quote

From Manfred Mann's Earthband messgeboard referring to a gig in Brighton last night as support to Status Quo;

"Very interestingly you could get a ticket for £15 before the show to reserve a 2CD copy of Quo's show that night, which you could then pick up afterwards. I queued with a friend (hello Martin from Maidstone a lifetime EB fan, great to see you!), and the queue was very long. However once the CDs were rolling out of the machine the queue moved quickly. They must have sold hundreds and hundreds of them. Proper digipack sleeves were all preprinted. What a sound marketing device, and Quo fans lapped it up as a souvenir of the show. Was the EB show recorded, or will it be elsewhere?"

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but would the logisitics and economics allow for this with our guys?
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, i also brought this thread up about 3 years ago after seeing erasure at cardiff, who also offered the same format, i really thought , it would be great if the did this, A....because its not a crappy copy bootleg and B.... SPARKS then get ALL monies due to them, i was hoping that the 21 concerts would have been available this way via the mixer desk, but, being that was over six months ago , i think we can assume this isnt the case, BUT...on the other hand beat the clock turned up out of the blue as a live recording on the b. side of a single, and that was superb quality, it would be fantastic as a live cd is well overdue, , these could be released via their own label and could be purchased via sparks fan club at concerts!
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More bands do this Underworld, Nine Inch Nails, Alice Cooper(?)

but i guess only if you sell out almost all your shows it is an bonus offered to fans. My guess is if SPARKS filled the RFH again they'd be able to do this too? I guess it's quite expensive, extra personal, extra hardware and no garantee that all the efford will pay out in the end. How many must be sold to break even?

www.last.fm/user/E-Clect-Eddy
Deano
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There can't be that many bands out there with around 40 years of recording behind them,that have not put out a live album.So maybe Sparks might not be big fans of the live thing-hence no concert recordings off the desk at shows or maybe they are just biding their time.Or possibly what E-Clect says might be the case.Who knows..
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Clect-Eddy wrote:
More bands do this Underworld, Nine Inch Nails, Alice Cooper(?)

but i guess only if you sell out almost all your shows it is an bonus offered to fans. My guess is if SPARKS filled the RFH again they'd be able to do this too? I guess it's quite expensive, extra personal, extra hardware and no garantee that all the efford will pay out in the end. How many must be sold to break even?

Can you identify the single with Beat the Clock? I wasn't aware of it.

thanks,

Monte
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beat the clock was on the c d , NOW THAT I OWN THE BBC, CD2 ............7432134867-2 ON LOGIC RECORDS
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what the DVDs are there for I guess.. Maybe the guys are perfectionists and wouldnt trust a Mix Desk CD to hit the Streets without Toothcombing the thing 1st.. Its the way Sparks seem to work..
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re the fan club newsletter, mid 90s, it was stated by ron around 1995, although he wasnt fussed on live stuff recorded , there was supposed to be a live album released!!!!!, shepherd bush, seems to of been recorded, and for many , after the 20 years of absence of the u.k. this was an one of the best shows imo ever (all the shows are great btw lol) the audience was electric , i took a mate with me, who'd never even heard of sparks, but he thought the concert was fantastic, the same buzz i felt close to iy was e.c.o.t.d., utterly brilliant, make syou proud to be a fan of guys with 40 years in the business, can still make the hairs on your body , stand on end!!!!!!!!!
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@deadcalm, i think i totally agree with you the guys are perfectionist, and there have been so many missed opputunities financial -wise, where they could have cash in , on many ventures!!!!!!!!! the guys just dont appear to want to make a quick buck , at all !!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: