SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hows about spoiling us......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason d
Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Hows about spoiling us...... Reply with quote

.... not by releasing Brendas Always In The Way on 7", but on bloody cd along with the other tracks appearing in Japan?

I am not a big lover of buying cd's anymore due to their excessive costs, but I have always bought bands I really like like Alice Cooper, David Bowie and, of course, Sparks and have even bought some of the "remastered" with "unreleased" tracks reissues, but spanking over £20 per disc is just out of the question.... hows about releasing them via download only on sparksmart or release a Heaven & Hell & Purgatory cd box set over?

Ca'mon, play ball...
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with you totally on sparks releasing rare stuff through the sparksmart, much better for people to get what they would like to purchase via downloads, there must be loads of demo material that they must be happy in people hearing, because they took the recordings to the next level, also release the whole noel cd, christie haydon, the 21 concerts , all demo stuff...."via downloads", and anything else they can lay their hands on....LoL!!! .....PLEASE!!!!, may i say you have BALLS , to start a thread like this, youve said what i think the majority just think...good on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jason d
Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I get annoyed when things like this happen! I'm 26, I dont have a bloody record player anymore to listen to the b-side even if I get it! The best to home for is some one recording it fom the 7" into mp3 then giving us a link... but I would prefer it on cd ordownload. Or, better yet, on one of thee nice new SHM cd's to give it a whirl to see what the fus is about!

I would hope that Sparks will have these Japanese SHM cd's on sale at their gigs in London in a couple of weeks (of which I was hoping to go to... damn my mate having his stag do the same weekend!!!!!!) for those not wanting to spank a loada cash on importing it or getting them from eil or ebay!

In a commercial sence, it makes sense for the extra tracks to be put on separate albums to get people to buy them all over again, (a la David Bowie... my dad has each album of his at least 3 times...) this I dont really have a problem with. Having to learn Japanese, pay importing fees and spending about £120 on albums I already have (I would be ok with about £70 - £80) is like pissing in the wind with your mouth open... aint gonna happen!

Rant over... for now lol! Im jst getting really impatient about hering these other tracks and its alot of hassle trying to get them!

There is a way via itunes Japan, it involves ordering, from the usa, itunes Japan vouchers then downloading them... the harder part it getting the Japanese itunes and translating it... D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TommyGun
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i see your rage with the japanese cds - they are just so expensive especially for overseas.
but i dont think they are to blame for putting a rare track on the bside of their single. if it was available somewhere else the single wouldnt be so special anymore
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re special versions....i recently purchased the e.c.o.t.d., of both ron and russ versions, jewel case and cardboard sleeves, and saw that "brenda"was an extra track in japan, so i then bought that, the raritie of the tracks made it for me a collectors item, regardless of paying over £30 to get this, only to find "brenda is now the B-SIDE , does leave me cold!!!, same thing happened with WUNDERBAR, it was announces that SPARKS were to appear on this RARE PROJECT, so i bought the GUNTER KOCH CD , which apart from SPARKS contribution, the other tracks are DIRE!!!!!, only to find it was an extra track on SUBURBAN HOMEBOY, it would have been great if the y would have found ANOTHER GREAT SONG to put on the single, my point is....that for example ISLINGTON N1, is a song that was for all the guys that went to EVERY concert, a bonus for their loyalty ( i know this is the wrong word)then only to find that it could be on a b-side takes away the uniqe-ness of the track, i hope this makes sense,,,lol!
Dog Water
Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all get to choose just how obsessive we want to be about our Sparks collections. No point decideing we want every little thing then complaining that we can't afford it or that we end up with several copies of the same track. It's part and parcel of the choice we made. Comes with the territory. An occupational hazard. Nobodies fault but our own etc etc.

But, yeah, Sparksmart downloads would be fantastic.
Auke Lenstra
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Sparks mart will never decide for download only releases. Good Morning was the first Sparks single ever that I didn't buy.

I prefer buying a real product.

Sparks Mart releases with unreleased material on cd or vinyl would be very appreciated by me.
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joking aside , we all reallly would like to see more rarities , being released, just like auke , im also not a download person, so if these were to be made available, it would have to be on cd everytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you gotta be able to see and hold the product, hopefully with great artwork!!
lost in space
Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryan_davey wrote:
joking aside , we all reallly would like to see more rarities , being released, just like auke , im also not a download person, so if these were to be made available, it would have to be on cd everytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you gotta be able to see and hold the product, hopefully with great artwork!!

exactly my views- and what happens when your mp3 player/computer that you put all those legit purchased downloads onto crashes/dies and you are left having to re collect the stuff again, much better to have a shelf full of little shiney silver/big black disks.
and maybe thats the problem!
jill
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dog Water wrote:
But, yeah, Sparksmart downloads would be fantastic.

For me too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: