SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Live DVD........Double Disc?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Fresh Fruit" record label sounds new to me.. Cannt see something important being released without a bit more "fanfare" from Republic Media really..
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://shop.muziek.nl/product.php?productid=11584718&cat=380&page=1

http://sounds-venlo.agn.info/Detail.aspx?Id=4549986

http://www.cdgo.com/artigoDetalhe.php?idArtigo=4127155

i searched with the barcode in Google: EAN 0693723079875

Some dutch websites have got that one as well, sounds genuine.

But which live shows are on here? The last ones or the Spectacular?

www.last.fm/user/E-Clect-Eddy
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering it's less than 2 weeks until this DVD is released it's surprising that none of these web sites has a picture of the DVD cover or a tracklisting. How can they expect anyone to order it in advance without knowing what is on it?
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found this later, and now it looks like it's not OUR boys. Although REVIVAL could be tagged to SPARKS but NEO-ROCKABILLY is a genre they have not trotted (yet).

www.bear-family.de/rocknroll/revival-neo-rockabilly/volume-2-cd-c-192680.html?lang=1&listtype=search&tcsong=Princess%2C%20Princess&tcinterpret=Johnny%20Tillotson&tcexact=

So i would say at least this one is a different SPARKS could be the German one or the Dutch one.

Could also be the case for the other 2 DVD set.

bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone tried to purchase this dvd yet?
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the title is sparks live in london 2009, and underneath, is says other albums available by the artist, which does show our SPARKS, so sept 14? 2 dvds?, MR. D, if this information is correct or very wrong, please can you put us out of our misery !, an especially for the guys who will purchase it because of the featured band name, i remember buying a comp cd, which featured SPARKS and a track i never heard of!!, , only to find it was the other "sparks" band and the track was pants, not to mention the waste of money (euros) wasted !!!!!
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lessons to be learned...look before you leap..else you'll end up all bitter,pessimistic and constantly bitching at life
(remind you of anyone?)...
Aled
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.play.com/Music/MusicDVD/4-/11072254/Sparks-Live-In-London/Product.html

Another site selling a 'to be released' Live in London Sparks DVD. Only with a different release date.
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

€ 5,49 (about 10 USD) looks very cheap for a album from our guys. I say it's either some cheap reissuse of something already released under an other name or something amateur. Pitty it does not mention a label or an EAN code.

sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the prices on Play.com are only given in Ģ and €, I assume it is a european site, so the release date 10/08/09 means August 10th and therefore this item should be available already.
Pim Derks
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Clect-Eddy wrote:
€ 5,49 (about 10 USD) looks very cheap for a album from our guys. I say it's either some cheap reissuse of something already released under an other name or something amateur. Pitty it does not mention a label or an EAN code.

It's probably one of the many reissues of the Live in London 1999 dvd from the Balls tour. I got a cheap reissue of that a couple of years back for 7.5 euros.
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bear-family.de/rocknroll/revival-neo-rockabilly/volume-2-cd-c-192680.html?lang=1&listtype=search&tcsong=Princess%2C%20Princess&tcinterpret=Johnny%20Tillotson&tcexact=

Well if you look at the dvd content of the dvd one can clearly say itīs NOT our Sparks.Atleast Iīm just familiar with few of the tracks there (not sure by this Sparks though)but certainly NOT by our beloved Sparks and I think I know almost every released Sparks tracks by OUR Sparks(maybe exactly every).Damn other artists/groups named Sparks...

Irritating though that at cduniverse itīs under OUR Sparks among other releases (but also something called "Blockading Berlin" and I donīt think thatīs by OUR Sparks) but otherwise itīs clearly from OUR Sparks (maybe some of the titles where sparks are featured are not OUR Sparks?).Atleast it says LIVE in London 2009 and that itīll be there to purchase in september but yet no tracklisting or coverpicture.

Maybe the dvd at the site (the link at the top of this message by me) are a completely different dvd by another Sparks but that it really will be released a dvd by OUR Sparks LIVE in London 2009?
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be Realistic.. If somethings on the Cards Like a New Official DVD its gonna be promoted pretty Heavily.. Think Sparks have got there Hands full at the Moment with the Seduction Project ..
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparksswede wrote:
http://www.bear-family.de/rocknroll/revival-neo-rockabilly/volume-2-cd-c-192680.html?lang=1&listtype=search&tcsong=Princess%2C%20Princess&tcinterpret=Johnny%20Tillotson&tcexact=

Well if you look at the dvd content of the dvd one can clearly say itīs NOT our Sparks.Atleast Iīm just familiar with few of the tracks there (not sure by this Sparks though)but certainly NOT by our beloved Sparks and I think I know almost every released Sparks tracks by OUR Sparks(maybe exactly every).Damn other artists/groups named Sparks...

Irritating though that at cduniverse itīs under OUR Sparks among other releases (but also something called "Blockading Berlin" and I donīt think thatīs by OUR Sparks) but otherwise itīs clearly from OUR Sparks (maybe some of the titles where sparks are featured are not OUR Sparks?).Atleast it says LIVE in London 2009 and that itīll be there to purchase in september but yet no tracklisting or coverpicture.

Maybe the dvd at the site (the link at the top of this message by me) are a completely different dvd by another Sparks but that it really will be released a dvd by OUR Sparks LIVE in London 2009?

Run that by me one more time......
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I think I have complicated it a bit
I meant that if you look att the content (song titles)of the dvd on http://www.bear-family.de/rocknroll/revival-neo-rockabilly/volume-2-cd-c-192680.html?lang=1&listtype=search&tcsong=Princess%2C%20Princess&tcinterpret=Johnny%20Tillotson&tcexact=

itīs clearly not Sparks (Mael bros.) tracks but MAYBE the "Sparks LIVE in London 2009" dvd that are mentioned coming in September at cduniverse are another dvd than the one at bear-family and therefore MAYBE "our" Sparks (Mael bros)...
Boy from Holland
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparksswede wrote:

Well if you look at the dvd content of the dvd one can clearly say itīs NOT our Sparks.

It is also clear this is NOT a DVD. This is the second CD from the Dutch Sparks, who are NOT releasing a DVD.
Raoul
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I got the first one from this Dutch Sparks,wanna buy it for say,2€?(exc.shipment)
Sparky Rickmaniac
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadcalm wrote:
Quote:
Think Sparks have got there Hands full at the Moment with the Seduction Project ..

I agree.
If the Seduction is due for release in english end Oct/beg Nov, I think all PR will be aimed at that.
Which means that the live DVD could be pushed back to next year? Don't like it, but trying to be realistic.
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy from Holland wrote:
Sparksswede wrote:

Well if you look at the dvd content of the dvd one can clearly say itīs NOT our Sparks.

It is also clear this is NOT a DVD. This is the second CD from the Dutch Sparks, who are NOT releasing a DVD.

Sorry! I didnīt notice it was in fact a cd and not a dvd (the one at bear-family).

I wonder though what the Sparks LIVE in London 2009 that will be available at cduniverse in September(tomorrow!?) are.Itīs featured under our beloved Sparks.Maybe itīs yet another reissue of the LIVE in London 10 years ago but not a cheap one this time then (34,89 dollars)..Strange ..no cover and no track info and it will be available there TOMORROW???

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7990134&style=movie

Sparks have mentioned though that a dvd of the Sparks spectacular 2008 will be released,or atleast they have plans for it.Could it be itīs infact LIVE in London 2008?
I donīt think so..yet..because if so it would have been announced atleast at the news section here.
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That web site doesn't inspire me with confidence when the item listed below the main item is for a Bee Gees DVD but the thumbnail pic beside it, is of a James Last DVD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: