SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music Video

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your Favorite Music Video from the choices below? State why with a reply.
I Predict
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
When im with you
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Rhythm Thief
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
With all my might
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
When do I get to sing my way?
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
Singing in the shower
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Cool Places
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
When I kiss you (I hear Charlie Parker playing)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Beat the Clock
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

Mistress Demona
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Music Video Reply with quote

I Love all of Sparks work but just thought it would be fun to see why other people like certain video's that I have listed. Would have polled more but I think I polled enough just a few off the top of my head.
Raoul
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now That I Own....,is great too!
jessie6413
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When Do I Get to Sing My Way" is a great rendition of 1930s era movie trailers. It is the perfect marriage of artist, song and video.

A very close second is "Rhythm Thief". This is the one I used in class this year for a lesson. It is a more artistic interpretation of the song it presents. The visual work is amazing and the symbolism provides layers of meaning.
Mistress Demona
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul wrote:

You know what that is also one of my many favorites wonder why it didnt come to mind maybe because of how late at night it was but that also is a fun video and catchy song =P Im srry i didnt have that in the polls. yet you are totally right Raoul.
Rissacakes
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I Predict", without second thought.

Ron stripping is worth a thousand million watches.
Raoul
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Demona wrote:
Raoul wrote:

You know what that is also one of my many favorites wonder why it didnt come to mind maybe because of how late at night it was but that also is a fun video and catchy song =P Im srry i didnt have that in the polls. yet you are totally right Raoul.

It's all choices,now I come to think of it;the Plagiarism video version of No.1 in Heaven is close to the best ,if not best.My own choice may vary too,per day.
Mistress Demona
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all choices,now I come to think of it;the Plagiarism video version of No.1 in Heaven is close to the best ,if not best.My own choice may vary too,per day.[/quote]

Well I can understand that Each day I see my favorites change back and forth swapping all the time I mean today mine just happens to be funny face tomarrow it will probably change again lol. No.1 song in heaven was my song a weeks ago, depending on my mood and just the day in general depends on what song and or video im going to favor the most. I just like to many of them I guess if I had to favor only one it would be a toss up. I may go crazy like my sister she would have a hard time choosing between When I kiss you and Rhythem Thief. Me on the other hand I would go nuts trying to decide which one would be my one and only most Favorite of all time. lol
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the Above! I Like The "Dick Around" video the best with the cats....
Rissacakes
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second thought, I just realized "Funny Face" isn't on the list.

There's something about Ron tempting little girls with candy that brightens my day.
Mistress Demona
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rissacakes wrote:
On second thought, I just realized "Funny Face" isn't on the list.

There's something about Ron tempting little girls with candy that brightens my day.

Yeah at the time I just noted a few but I do love funny face and it really does brighten your day doesn't it? If your ever upset funny face makes you happy and its fun to work out too =P.
systemr2000
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so easy to choose one from that list. On one hand there is "Cool Places", which despite featuring a scene where Ron appears to be smoking a cigarette, the 'cast' look like they're having a great time. On the other hand "When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way'" is grand, multi-dimensional and a nod to the past yet it showed they were back, chart-bound and rejuvenated. The common link between the aforementioned videos? The Ron shuffle. In any case I voted for WDIGTSMW.

"When I'm With You" and "Singing In The Shower" are still visually arresting. "I Predict" goes a further provocative mile.

~

This has inspired me to reel off (no pun intended) a list of their official music videos:

This Town; The Number One Song In Heaven; Beat The Clock; La Dolce Vita; When I'm With You; Tips For Teens; Funny Face; I Predict; Cool Places; All You Ever Think About Is Sex; With All My Might; Music That You Can Dance To; So Important; Singing In The Shower; National Crime Awareness Week; When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way'; When I Kiss You; Now That I Own The BBC; The No. 1 Song In Heaven; The Calm Before The Storm; The Rhythm Thief; I Married Myself; My Baby's Taking Me Home; Perfume; Dick Around; Lighten Up, Morrissey.

Did I miss any?
Mistress Demona
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadcalm wrote:
None of the Above! I Like The "Dick Around" video the best with the cats....

Yes Dick Around should have been up there also my most favorite part is when they break it down and you have Ron Headbanging while playing his keyboard. Last night me and my sis were biking and skating around singing that and some biker stopped us and started to join in lol it was great!
Mistress Demona
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

systemr2000 wrote:
It's not so easy to choose one from that list. On one hand there is "Cool Places", which despite featuring a scene where Ron appears to be smoking a cigarette, the 'cast' look like they're having a great time. On the other hand "When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way'" is grand, multi-dimensional and a nod to the past yet it showed they were back, chart-bound and rejuvenated. The common link between the aforementioned videos? The Ron shuffle. In any case I voted for WDIGTSMW.

"When I'm With You" and "Singing In The Shower" are still visually arresting. "I Predict" goes a further provocative mile.

~

This has inspired me to reel off (no pun intended) a list of their official music videos:

This Town; The Number One Song In Heaven; Beat The Clock; La Dolce Vita; When I'm With You; Tips For Teens; Funny Face; I Predict; Cool Places; All You Ever Think About Is Sex; With All My Might; Music That You Can Dance To; So Important; Singing In The Shower; National Crime Awareness Week; When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way'; When I Kiss You; Now That I Own The BBC; The No. 1 Song In Heaven; The Calm Before The Storm; The Rhythm Thief; I Married Myself; My Baby's Taking Me Home; Perfume; Dick Around; Lighten Up, Morrissey.

Did I miss any?

You realy couldnt be more right. I don't think you missed any that I noticed Im pretty sure you got them all but im only half early early mornings don't agree with me. LOL but i would leave a better reply but work is calling.
jill
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with jessie6413.

As for the list of official music videos, I had no idea that "Tryouts for the Human Race" has a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEwlRbey57U

And I wish "Good Morning" had a video too
systemr2000
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jill wrote:
I agree with jessie6413.

As for the list of official music videos, I had no idea that "Tryouts for the Human Race" has a video:

I should have known at the time that Tryouts had a video. Good to see it surface on YouTube earlier this year. Yes, Good Morning definitely deserved a video - even if the band were extremely occupied at the time!
Murfo
Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tips For Teens! The Whomp cover in motion.
serjio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jill wrote:
I agree with jessie6413.

Great vid!
MaelGirl
Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all of these songs and videos, too hard to pick! But I did anyhow "WDIGTSMW", because it was one of the reasons i became so obsessive about Sparks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Polls All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: