SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bergman live??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessie6413
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Fierce, Phenomenal photos. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed guessing which song or moment was captured. :)
Aled
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant pics!

Looked like a fantastic show! Hope the film is made!
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the excellent photos! Mine were blurry
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ones said much yet.. How did the Peter Franzen Vocal Compare with Jonas Malmsjo? How did the show compare to whats on CD? What was the general Gig like...
OuterSpace
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a review...
http://www.filmradar.com/reviews/item/la_film_fest_review_the_seduction_of_ingmar_bergman/
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OuterSpace wrote:
Here is a review...
http://www.filmradar.com/reviews/item/la_film_fest_review_the_seduction_of_ingmar_bergman/

A brilliant review in every respect!!!!!!!

Deeply glad. And, thanks for finding, OuterSpace!
Valse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Such a treat! Reply with quote

Such an Amazing night! I had a smile on my face the entire time. Waited around for about 45 minutes afterwards and met Ron! Amazing! So sweet, I shook his hand and he signed my vinyl of Sparks in Outer Space!
No Tony Perkins
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another positive review:
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/06/sparks_the_seduction_of_ingmar_bergman.php
MJHSolomon
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A kind audience member posted videos! Not the best quality, but at least we get a feel for the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e17WEbofyfc
Miss Fierce
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm glad I found the 'Theatre' setting on my camera because my first two were horribly blurry. It helped being in the front row too.
MJHSolomon
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front row!!!! Wow, you are soooo lucky! My first and only Sparks concert was the Royce Hall event, and I so wanted to make a return trip for "Seduction." Hoping they'll bring it to the East Coast.
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJHSolomon wrote:
A kind audience member posted videos! Not the best quality, but at least we get a feel for the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e17WEbofyfc

The show looks great! Everyone giving it their all too! It certainly has an operatic edge. I like everything about it.

The staging of the show would've been perfect for the basis of a dedicated hour long TV arts magazine show, but sadly, the ol' institutions (like ITV's The South Bank Show) seem to be falling by the wayside. All the more encouraging it is for us fans that the independent filmmaker, Pini Schatz, has invested much creative energy and resources on the preliminary work on the documentary on the magic of Sparks.
DeeDee
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not very good at this sort of thing but as I am one of lucky 1,250 (I didn’t see any empty seats) to have been at the Ford Amphitheater on Saturday I felt compelled to write something. I managed to get a seat just two rows behind where Miss Fierce was sitting so I had almost the same spectacular view. The evening was absolutely brilliant everything sounding just as it does on the recording. But better. The sound was excellent. In particular Russell’s voice was tip top throughout.

Everyone gave their absolute all and seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves in the process. I think it was mentioned in a review, there were minimal props and much was still left to the imagination, which is as it should be in a theatre setting. For example, for the limousine part, two chairs were placed on the stage behind each other with Ron up front as the chauffeur pretending to drive with Peter sitting behind in the ‘passenger’ seat.

The ‘welcoming committee’ with the dress up to here and neckline plunging down to here was brilliant. From announcer to Garbo, and everyone in between and Guy Maddin setting the scenes throughout, they all gave absolutely stunning performances so it would seem very unfair to single out any one person. However I have to say Peter Franzén was awesome! (Not a word I use often and he is now my new obsession, he can have the top off my boiled egg any morning!) He just nailed all the way through. He was rarely off the stage – apart from when the police were after him, he ran up the aisle and out of the back of the theatre. He reappeared again from the door on the stage as he ‘reached the beach.’ And of course that is getting on towards the end but he was still so full of energy. As I said though everyone performed absolutely marvelously and everyone came on waving Swedish flags for ‘He’s home.’

I am sure these guys will make a great movie but it is worthy of repeating as is. It was certainly worth a five and a half thousand mile round trip and I would do it all again – I’m ready to go if they decide to repeat it anywhere. By the way the Merriweather is the perfect venue – very similar to the Ford but with a bit of a roof.

Oh and just for information – I couldn’t resist buying my fourth copy – the LA Film Festival Special Edition. Well I was there! It is rather loverly in its grey cloth bound book. I was hoping it would be a recording of the LA cast but it is the original and the stills included are some of the projections from the evening. It has all the lyrics, story outline, cast list for both the recording and LA production, notes on Guy Maddin and the delicious Peter Franzén. And I left it on the plane in Baltimore!!!!!!!
DeeDee
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://larecord.com/live-reviews/2011/06/26/sparks-the-seduction-of-ingmar-bergman-ford-amiptheatre

Oh yes. I forgot about the arms!!!
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved reading your review, DeeDee. So glad the chemistry was absolutely right.

And your link to that excellent LA Record review confirms that the show really was a sell out!
No Tony Perkins
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple more excellent reviews:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gregory-weinkauf/musical-ingmar-bergman_b_885530.html

http://www.thehypermodern.com/2011/07/01/77-the-seduction-of-ingmar-bergman-laff-2011/
Aled
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these reviews are outstanding!

It's great to see the show get so much attention after all the effort that has been put into it. I'm desperate to see it now!
lilywearsmoschino
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos, Miss Fierce!! Great reviews too, though I expected nothing less!!
Douglas McIntyre
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to insult our Finnish friends by using google translation, so maybee one of them could help with this?

http://www.telvis.fi/katso/tvuutiset/_a197011/franznille+paarooli+hollywoodissa/
DeeDee
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeDee wrote:

Oh and just for information – I couldn’t resist buying my fourth copy – the LA Film Festival Special Edition. Well I was there! It is rather loverly in its grey cloth bound book. And I left it on the plane in Baltimore!!!!!!!

Many thanks to USeless Airways for having a company policy whereby the aircraft cleaners have the sole responsibility of judging if any items left behind are of value and then tossing them in the trash. (Apparently they don't keep cell phones either!)

I have now taken delivery of my FIFTH copy of TSOIB and at substantially more than the $30 advertised (and I paid at the Ford) but I absolutely needed the LA Film Fest copy. All in a good cause. If only I could believe most of it goes into the R&R coffers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: