SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

please can you give us an update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: please can you give us an update Reply with quote

after listening to the radio 6 programme with Ron, you get the impression that SPARKS as we know them, wont be recording in the forseeable future, and will only be concentrating on the new projects,, which we all wish them well,!!!!, could we please have an up to date briefing of what we can expect, or not as the case maybe, most of us many years ago, waited around in hyperspace for years 7 years later grat sax comes out and every thing is good again, the point i am trying to make , it would be very polite for this fan club to put fans 1st for a change, as it has been quite poor to date, remembering that we are the guys who have been there through thick and thin, loyalty should have its rewards , or does it???, please can we have some news!!!...thankyou.
SteveBoyce
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Republic still handling Sparks? There was no pr from their side for the Gemma Ray thing which is a bit odd.
excuseloom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Sparks is really great.
NellyAurora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:47 am    Post subject: Great Reply with quote

We should only focus on the new projects and wish them all the best.
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear the interview - if there's a link, it'd be great - but what is reported here does not surprise me...I think it was implicit in some of the music on the last album. If I ever get around to giving my thoughts about that on the show (hope to do it soon but so many great recordings already waiting to get out), I can explain a little more, but saying they're going to focus on their new projects makes perfect sense to me.

Latte is a "closure" album if ever there was one. Not of their musical career, or their career in general, by any means. But of this phase of their career. And I'm excited about what the future holds.

My two cents!
dinky
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the date on the first post Monte…….
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dinky wrote:
Check the date on the first post Monte…….

Good point! Well, I stand by my words anyway! :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: