SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-Atlanta and D.C. Interviews with Russell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJHSolomon
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Pre-Atlanta and D.C. Interviews with Russell Reply with quote

A couple of Q&A sessions with Russell about the tour:

http://clatl.com/cribnotes/archives/2013/10/21/sparks-two-hands-one-mouth

http://930club.tumblr.com/post/63821085610/9-30-interview-russel-mael-sparks-adam
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the DC interview. Best line:

"We didn’t want this to be perceived in any kind of way as a mellow, singer-songwriter evening at all, ‘cause that concept sort of repulses us."

what a great show. Sorry I blew it on setting up logistics for us to say hello. I did go around shouting (to many weird stares) "Mary Jane!" "Mary Jane"! but to no avail. I'll do better next time!
MJHSolomon
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - So, I really did hear my name hollered! I thought it was my imagination (and/or poor hearing)! My daughter and I were glued to our front and center balcony spots - spotted you and your daughter as the show was about to start, then looked for you afterward but must have just missed you. Sorry!

Such a fantastic concert, don't you think? It's probably the best showcase I've seen for Ron's and Russell's talents. I liked it even better than the Philly show, although I'm sure that's in large part because my daughter flew in from Kansas to go with me. You've been to many more Sparks shows - how did this one compare?

I do think they deserved a bigger crowd, but I hope they appreciated the warm reception enough to come back.

You're seeing them in Boston as well? Lucky!!!! I would love to see the show again.
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too liked it just a bit more than Philly. I thought it was just a great show and believe me, I Loved Philly - but this one seemed really focused, assertive, and full throated. Russell is just such a great singer!

I wish we had said hello!

I am going to Boston - tix are relatively cheap and I have a good friend and fellow sparks fan who lives there so we decided what the hell, let's just do it.

I really want to talk about the song selection - I don't want to give anything away so I'll PM you.

Monte
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: