SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FFS live bonus tracks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
freeke
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: FFS live bonus tracks? Reply with quote

So what should they play from their respective back catalogues? It's a golden opportunity to skip the big hits. The Kimono and Propaganda songs are obvious choices for a band, but vocally there may be problems. Equator as a duet, anyone? :-)

Achoo and When Do I Get To Sing My Way seem to be contenders. Dance Godammit would suit Alex really well. Sextown USA would be killer.

As for FF songs, well I only have one album, You Could Have It So Much Better. I like Walk Away and This Boy. Eleanor Put Your Boots On rips off the intro to The Ghost Of Liberace, so maybe a mash-up would work. :-)
TommyGun
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to hear In The Future! The verses are made for duets!

Moustache would also kick ass

After hearing Piss Off I think Nothing To Do and Upstairs would be fitting very well.
I Cant Believe That You Would Fall... could be pretty cool too.

But yeah, In The Future would probably my favourite.
I am thrilled to see them, so I dont really care which songs they will play. But i hope they surprise us with some not that obvious choices.
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's safe to say This Town and Take me Out will be there! I'm hoping they do the gigs 21st Century Sparks style and do the new album in it's entirety followed by both bands songs.

For Sparks songs I would like to hear Dick Around, Angst in my Pants, Bon Voyage, When do I get to sing my way, and Number 1 song in Heaven. Fairly obvious choices but I think it would be interesting to see what FF bring to the fold of those songs considering how mesmerizing the arrangements of No. 1 and My Way were with the Orchestra

For Franz songs, Ulysses (From Tonight) and Stand on the Horizon (from Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action) get my vote.
Aled
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny Face, Moon Over Kentucky, Strange Animal and Goofing Off immediately spring to mind.

As for Franz songs - Matineé, Ulysses, Walk Away and Do You Want To would be brilliant.
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: FFS live bonus tracks? Reply with quote

freeke wrote:
So what should they play from their respective back catalogues? It's a golden opportunity to skip the big hits. The Kimono and Propaganda songs are obvious choices for a band, but vocally there may be problems. Equator as a duet, anyone? :-)

Achoo and When Do I Get To Sing My Way seem to be contenders. Dance Godammit would suit Alex really well. Sextown USA would be killer.

As for FF songs, well I only have one album, You Could Have It So Much Better. I like Walk Away and This Boy. Eleanor Put Your Boots On rips off the intro to The Ghost Of Liberace, so maybe a mash-up would work. :-)

"You Could Have It So Much Better" is my only FF album too, albeit I treasured it so much to shell out on two copies. Not being a fellow musician with talent, I hadn't picked up on the similarity of the haunting "Eleanor Put Your Boots On" to the eerily camp of "The Ghost of Liberace". Of course, strangely loved both.

"Walk Away" seduced me with its perfection, and playing everywhere on its release, it fast became a soundtrack to my (more attractive) life at the time. Instantly, made me think of the "Lady is Lingering", luxuriating in an unhurried tempo to let the deliberateness of each lush note deliver the tension. Longing for a long time to hear this favourite LIVE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: