SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ear to the Ground- North American Dates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ETJOHNS
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Ear to the Ground- North American Dates Reply with quote

Does anyone have insider information on the band's plan for touring the U.S. and above after their European leg wraps up? Eagerly hoping for this to materialize. Also am willing to help with promotion and building coalition of veteran fans and younger drawn in by Sparks' influences on bands they follow.
ETJOHNS
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, replying to my own post. See that Sparks has put out their U.S. tour plans, and its great if you live on Right or Left Coasts, but not great if you are any of the (well at least I think) thousands of fans thousands of miles inbetween.

Well, probably be cheaper to fly out to L.A. than get a place to stay in NYC.

R&R, WHAT KIND OF INTEREST DO YOU NEED TO SEE FROM THE HEARTLAND TO BOOK AT LEAST (1) CHICAGO DATE??
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETJOHNS wrote:
OK, replying to my own post. See that Sparks has put out their U.S. tour plans, and its great if you live on Right or Left Coasts, but not great if you are any of the (well at least I think) thousands of fans thousands of miles inbetween.

Well, probably be cheaper to fly out to L.A. than get a place to stay in NYC.

R&R, WHAT KIND OF INTEREST DO YOU NEED TO SEE FROM THE HEARTLAND TO BOOK AT LEAST (1) CHICAGO DATE??

Just hoping that more dates will be added...at least in DC, Chicago, maybe one or two other cities. And it's not so great on the East Coast either - one date?
ETJOHNS
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the L.A. shows are done, and sadly with that the official end of the "North American" leg of Hippopotamus tour. And looking at the set list for last night, what a great show it was! Two encores, with the last one being Nicotina! I will never fully recover missing this. I can only hope that Ron and Russell find a way to regroup the Hippopotamus players (or at least a predominant assemblage of them) and hit the road for a few more shows. You gotta think that they have the itch to do some more to promote and celebrate the new album, as good as it and this band is. I have to believe that all the elements are there for a hit of sorts and renewed interest in the band. God knows in my limited social and social media sphere of influence I have spread the good news of Sparks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: