SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BMG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinky
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: BMG Reply with quote

Have done a fantastic job promoting the album and getting it into the charts

I've been hoping since GSASV that each album would be the one that finally got them the chart recoignition so richly deserved. Every time the inevitable happened, positive reviews, some interviews and then, nothing.

So thrilled for the Maels that this is different

You can tell they're happy too.
Brightonian
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BMG Reply with quote

dinky wrote:
Have done a fantastic job promoting the album and getting it into the charts

I've been hoping since GSASV that each album would be the one that finally got them the chart recoignition so richly deserved. Every time the inevitable happened, positive reviews, some interviews and then, nothing.

So thrilled for the Maels that this is different

You can tell they're happy too.

Completely agree about the fantastic work of BMG. I can't recall a time when Sparks were as well promoted, not at least since '79 when I first got into them.

FFS was brilliant promotion, but this has been even more intense! It's hard to even keep up with all the interviews and reviews ... and that Hippo London Underground poster looks great.

Ron and Russell must be exhausted!
miss sparks
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMG have done a good job promoting Sparks, let's hope they resign Sparks for another album in the future.
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity they did not do the "Hello Young Lovers" album as well.. I think that was a very chart worthy album with a lot of mass appeal tracks on it...

Less said about the Lil Beethoven promotion the better.
eeejaycee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different story in the U.S., as far as I can tell. Pretty much the only place to buy CDs these days is Amazon, but the album has been listed as out of stock since the release date. Kind of seems like a disaster that such a huge retailer would have no physical copies out of the gate. Anyone know what's going on? Obviously it's not a big deal for those who want to download or stream, but there are still a few folks like myself who want the physical product.
DJ LX
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeejaycee wrote:
Different story in the U.S., as far as I can tell. Pretty much the only place to buy CDs these days is Amazon, but the album has been listed as out of stock since the release date. Kind of seems like a disaster that such a huge retailer would have no physical copies out of the gate. Anyone know what's going on? Obviously it's not a big deal for those who want to download or stream, but there are still a few folks like myself who want the physical product.

As of 9:21 p.m. CST Sept 17, It's currently available at Deep Discount, and for $9.99 http://www.deepdiscount.com/sparks-hippopotamus/190296966002
And that's it
Kermit!
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes definitely a great big thank you and result to BMG. They cleverly made us wait but it was worth it. To finally get the respect they deserve and see Sparks firmly back in the UKs hearts makes me real proud to have been a fan since 74 when this crazy delightful band hit our shores. .

The Future! The Future!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: